(by LindaYto LindaY)

1 2 3

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(2/3/2015 7:40:51 PM) - #4 bert: Thank you, Bert. The new job certainly keeps me busy...but I still have a little time to enjoy life.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(2/1/2015 3:11:38 PM) - #1 Ray Griffiths( Mond ):
#2 Wessel-130766:
Thanks you both for your comments. I appreciate them. I wish that PB were back like it was in the old days...even with all of the 'warts' on.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(1/31/2015 12:13:11 PM) - Very nice. I like the way that the color of the hair and the color of the field complement each other. I also like that the hair has some movement.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(1/31/2015 12:09:01 PM) - Hi Wessel! love this view and the nice exposure on this. the detail in the darks is awesome and the framing is unique.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(4/14/2014 11:34:34 AM) - Wow!!! love the pose and the intent stare here. The pano format works wonderfully well too. I am very glad to hear that your eye surgery went well and was successful. The only thing that I wish about this photo were that it were one that I had taken. Excellent!

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(4/14/2014 11:31:33 AM) - Absolutely wonderful image, Sreten. I love the use of selective focus on this one. The whites are superb!

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(4/14/2014 11:30:23 AM) - Beautiful colors and nice use of a bit of selective focus on this one, Wessel. The lack of tulips in bloom this time of the year is one of those things I miss now that I live in Florida...sure, we have lots of nice flowers, but somehow the presence of brightly colored tulips after a long winter really makes us appreciate spring. :)

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(3/7/2014 8:35:36 PM) - Very interesting concept and excellent execution. Well done!

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(3/6/2014 8:01:31 PM) - #1 Reda Danaf:
#2 Ray Griffiths(I'm building an Ark):
#3 TW_Bda(Tim White):
A belated thanks to all of you for your comments and suggestions. I appreciate them.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(3/6/2014 7:59:42 PM) - Very well done character portrait, Wessel. I love the rich greens of the background as they are very flattering to this young lady. Excellent!

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(3/6/2014 7:58:05 PM) - Wonderful tonal range and great composition. I like the diagonals in the photo and the good focus, particularly on the eyes of the cat and the grain of the wood. The dark tones give this a nice low key look that fits your subject.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(3/6/2014 7:55:39 PM) - Good feather detail and nice colors. I agree about the lack of sharpness in the eye. I also wish that the tail of the bird were not cut off by the frame.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(3/6/2014 7:54:05 PM) - Very beautiful still life! I love the warm muted colors and the reflections. The arrangement of the objects is very pleasing and the still life has a unique somewhat exotic look to it. For my tastes, I would have either liked more reflection at the bottom to complete the picture or wish that the reflections were more muted. Still, excellent work!

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(3/6/2014 7:50:49 PM) - Lovely image with beautiful colors and light. I like the pano format.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(3/6/2014 7:50:00 PM) - Very nice slice of life photo, Sreten. I like the way that you show both men very engrossed in what they are doing as this adds a nice candid quality to the photo. The use of black and white here is excellent. I do agree about the bright spots, but those are difficult to control in any case and I think the kind of add to the feeling of a bright sunny day outside. ;)

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(2/23/2014 3:13:34 PM) - Nice colors and composition. I like the bit of motion blurring that I see around the rocks and on the sea as it supports your theme well.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(2/23/2014 9:26:13 AM) - Excellent exposure on this little House Finch with all of the snow around him. DOF and sharpness are very good. I also like that the bird has a bit of seed in his mouth as it is a real plus for this image.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(2/23/2014 9:20:26 AM) - Fantastic work, Ray! Your subject, the tones the pose and your choice of post processing all work together to show your artistic vision on this one. I love the vintage look and the timeless quality. Excellent work!

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(2/23/2014 9:17:39 AM) - #1 Zenonas:
#2 Ray Griffiths(I'm building an Ark):
#3 Reidar:
#4 Sjilkov:
#5 Sreten:
#6 Reda Danaf:
#7 Mario Dias:

Thank you all for your comments on this shot. Mario, you are correct about the extra blue on the waves, but I pushed the blue tones just a tiny bit to contrast with the warm sunset tones...Just exercising my "artistic license" on this one for effect. ;)

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(2/22/2014 9:06:27 PM) - Very interesting composition and good use of monochrome.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(2/22/2014 9:05:28 PM) - Wonderful colors and nice mood to this scene. I like the crop that Ray has suggested as it makes a strong image even stronger.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(2/22/2014 9:04:02 PM) - Interesting concept and excellent execution. It takes a lot of creativity to do something like this and to do it so well.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(2/22/2014 9:02:46 PM) - Stunning Image. Truly, birds as art.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(2/21/2014 5:16:17 PM) - This is such a beautiful portrait. The little girl is just lovely and your use of monochrome here is wonderful. The photo has that timeless look that I find very, very appealing. The eye contact, while subtle, is wonderful and fitting for one so young. I hope that the parents show this photo proudly. Nicely done, and one of the tops for the day for me.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(2/21/2014 6:03:32 AM) - Lovely shot, Graham. I like the timeless quality that the monochrome gives this shot. The trees and the huge stump really make this shot for me. I like the inclusion of your friends in the shot as this gives the photo life.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(2/21/2014 6:01:14 AM) - LOL! Love it, Z! Your photoshop skills are great and I find your theme very timely and amusing. Well done!

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(2/20/2014 5:41:02 PM) - #5 Wessel-130766:
#6 TW_Bda(Tim White):
Thank you both for your suggestions and crop. I was very torn about how to crop this image as I liked a bit less space around the bird, but also was afraid that the result would look too centered. However, both of your suggestions look strong and well balanced.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(2/20/2014 1:28:18 PM) - #1 Sreten:
#2 Ray Griffiths(I'm building an Ark):
#3 B2O:

Thank you all for your comments.

#3 B2O: I do agree that the sharpness is a bit on the edge. I am still getting my photography "legs" back, particularly for wildlife and I was at the limit with my lens, which is a bit tricky.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(2/20/2014 1:25:44 PM) - Very nice detail on this little bird, particularly on the eye. Your exposure on the snow is nice as well. I do agree with Bas that the composition could be more exciting and I do wish that the feet were in focus,

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(2/20/2014 8:19:04 AM) - This is quite well done, Gene. The texture makes this look like a classic, "Old Masters" painting. Perhaps it is my monitor, but I find this area [^431;97;1] a tiny bit bright and providing just a little bit of distraction from the lovely face of the child...still, that may be just my tastes.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(2/20/2014 8:15:16 AM) - Beautiful colors and composition, Wessel. This would make a beautiful framed print. I love the warm tropical colors too.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(2/20/2014 8:12:40 AM) - Very interesting and unique image. I like the motif and the colors that you are using here. For my tastes, I would have preferred a little less brightness here [^536;756;1] at the bottom as the lightness, draws my eye downward and out of the frame, but this is still a wonderful image and comment may just be a matter of my tastes. ;)

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(2/20/2014 8:02:51 AM) - This is a wonderful, sensitive portrait, Koduck. The expression of this man is thoughtful and artistic looking and the worn leather stap of his guitar really adds to the photo. I am looking forward to more.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(12/25/2013 11:24:58 AM) - I am so saddened to hear this. Bill was already a recognized artist, photographer, and all around nice guy when I first started here. I had hoped to meet him sometime in the near future as I am moving to Florida, just south of where he lived. Now that is a dream that will never be realized....

RIP Bill.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(11/10/2013 9:53:51 PM) - Very nicely done. I like the combination of softness and clarity on this portrait. The focus on the eyes of the model is spot on.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(11/10/2013 9:52:16 PM) - Lovely warm colors and nice scene.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(11/10/2013 9:50:33 PM) - Wonderful clarity and color. I love the combination of nature and man made objects. Well done.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(11/10/2013 9:49:03 PM) - Strong composition with excellent clarity. I love the use of b/w here. The starred flare ads a bit of an edgy quality that works well with your theme.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(11/10/2013 9:47:09 PM) - Beautiful autumn colors with nice veiling of the water. I particularly like the low POV..

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(6/14/2013 10:37:21 AM) - #1 B2O:
#2 Zenonas:
#3 Geordie(Dean Wilson):
#4 Wessel-130766:
#5 Sasha Pezelj:
#6 Reidar:
#7 joe bellantoni:
#8 incult(Marius Caragea):
#9 Steve Taylor:

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions on this image. I kind of like the reference to the Van Gogh Sunflowers. However, for me, the constructed vase reminds me of some of those bright psychedelic design elements that were popular in the 60s and 70s...and now I am revealing my age. LOL. For those who had suggestions on the spacing, rightly or wrongly, I placed the middle of the vase on the left 3rds line to follow the rule of thirds. This may have been one of those instances where the rule could have been ignored. ;)

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(6/13/2013 6:49:07 PM) - Nice work.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(6/13/2013 6:48:24 PM) - Very interesting and well done image. I think that the way that you handled the scene works very well as it emphasizes the strong graphic quality of the scene. This one is definitely my cup of tea...although it is after 5PM here so perhaps a glass of wine instead. LOL.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(6/13/2013 6:45:37 PM) - Very elegant and graceful portrait. Your model is beautiful and you have captured her beauty well.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(6/13/2013 6:44:29 PM) - Beautiful composition and wonderful digital work on this, Z. I like your toning and your title.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(6/13/2013 6:42:12 PM) - This is a very cool shot. I like the way that the front bird that is in focus echos the blurred one in the back. Very effective in conveying motion and speed. I do agree with Joe's suggestion on working just a bit more to bring out some details in the dark.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(6/13/2013 6:39:52 PM) - Very cool subject, Graham. I like the detail that you show here. Nicely done!

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(6/13/2013 6:38:38 PM) - Nice capture and dof on this. I think that the wildlife category is correct for this. These birds are wild, but they just like to hang around where man is. It is their "natural" habitat. ;) I do wish for a bit more sharpness and clarity in your subject. Still interesting image.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(6/13/2013 6:36:08 PM) - Beautiful portrait with excellent details and pose, Wessel. You are so good at these.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(6/12/2013 4:03:26 PM) - Very effective pose and nice eye contact.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(6/12/2013 4:02:28 PM) - Very, very well seen, Dean. I love seeing this type of street art. Your photo of it is doubly effective with the presence of the real person on the right. He doesn't seem to match the people that are painted on the wall, though. LOL.

1 2 3   back to all comments page >>