(by Mario Diasto Mario Dias)

1 2

Comment by Mario Dias(3/18/2014 10:44:04 AM) - #11 Wessel-130766:
#13 ORZECHOWSKI(. .):
Thanks a lot !!

Comment by Mario Dias(3/18/2014 7:18:50 AM) - Well done.
A very interesting composition, with quite a lot of visual impact for a still life job.
Congrats

Comment by Mario Dias(3/18/2014 7:16:11 AM) - i find this work very interesting, as well a very well applied framing, giving a quite impressive visual impact in my modest opinion.
Ray is right, it matches very well with the 2 previous works.
Strongly believe that the visual impact will increase a lot if viewed in a bigger size.
Congrats Naseer, well done and appreciate a lot your effort to seek for originality.

Comment by Mario Dias(3/17/2014 2:40:56 PM) - #8 Reidar:
#9 KenNelson:
Thanks a lot.
This building is one of the most photographed sites in Lisbon. It was a real challenge to make something looking at least decently original.

Comment by Mario Dias(3/17/2014 1:08:37 PM) - #6 Ray Griffiths(Life is for living):
Hi Ray
Thanks a lot for the best comment I could ever expect to receive.
Cheers

Comment by Mario Dias(3/17/2014 1:05:19 PM) - #1 Sreten: Hi there Streten
Thanks a lot for your valuated comment.
Much appreciated.

Comment by Mario Dias(3/17/2014 1:04:24 PM) - #3 Naseer Fedaee(Kindness Cost Nothing..):
Hi Naseer
I'm sorry but only now I saw that envelope blinking. Already replied.
Thanks a lot

Comment by Mario Dias(3/17/2014 7:35:50 AM) - Now chasing deers?
I said it before and say it again: That lens of yours is amazing.
It looks like the deer is posing expressly for you and chosen the right background for the picture.
Amazing job, congrats.

Comment by Mario Dias(3/17/2014 6:50:54 AM) - Very good and matching the criteria of the previous one.
Just don't know about the red.
Not sure about mixing BW and color, but who knows?
It looks to me like a consistent work and can result.
Looking forward to see a few more works to have a better opinion.
Cheers

Comment by Mario Dias(3/14/2014 2:10:31 PM) - Congrats Naseer.
Love this kind of work.
If all your works have the same quality as this one, of course you will have all the success.
The visual impact is great and expect that you are able to expose in the biggest possible size.
It increases a lot the impact.
The edition and the framing are superb.
It looks like a graffiti painted on a wall.
Wish you all the luck in the world.

Comment by Mario Dias(3/14/2014 1:00:13 PM) - #1 ORZECHOWSKI(. .):
Thanks a lot for your feedback.
I regret this compression loss of quality.
You should see that sky in the original photo.
I was really lucky with the light in that day and as it rained a bit before, all the colors are more vivid.
Also lucky that one of my mates had this red blanket in his car, which gave me this idea.
Guess to take some shots you don't need to be a great photographer, you just need to be lucky.

Comment by Mario Dias(3/14/2014 8:33:14 AM) - After Dean's comment not much more to say.
Agree with him in all.
A brilliant and creative work.

Comment by Mario Dias(3/13/2014 2:07:51 PM) - #5 Wessel-130766:
Hi Wessel.
Great lens you got there, congrats.
Besides my Nikkor 150mm F2.8 (also a great lens)the only tele I have is a jurassic Tokina 500mm F8 (mirrors) and birds usually don't wait for me to focus the damn thing.
As budget is pretty low, guess I will try to make an agreement with the local birdies....

Comment by Mario Dias(3/13/2014 1:43:21 PM) - Great job.
Personally I would try to add a bit more light just in her face to highlight that beautiful expression and smile.
Love this kind of photos.

Comment by Mario Dias(3/13/2014 1:20:10 PM) - Thanks for the big laugh !!!
Brilliant idea

Comment by Mario Dias(3/13/2014 1:15:51 PM) - #3 B2O:
Thanks a lot Bas.
If she reads this, we are both in trouble!!!

Comment by Mario Dias(3/13/2014 1:11:21 PM) - #1 Ray Griffiths(Life is for living):
#2 B2O:
Thanks a lot.
Bas: I call her "Mule", because she kicks like one and has a very strange and unstable sense of humor.
She also has a drinking problem. She should drink water and eat straw like all the other mules!!

Comment by Mario Dias(3/13/2014 12:29:51 PM) - I like the glare.
In fact I like everything in this photo, including the superb title.
Making Linda's words as mine.
A master's BW work.
Congrats

Comment by Mario Dias(3/13/2014 12:22:17 PM) - Great work you have here.
The expression of the last one in the row is simply amazing.
Only regret that this one was not looking up alike the others[^384;254;1] It would be like the cherry on the top of the cake.
Congrats

Comment by Mario Dias(3/13/2014 11:45:06 AM) - Great comment from Tim.
Agree with all he said and adding this lightened effect that also troubles me[^684;156;1]
Anyway, it's a very original portrait and love the shooting angle and the expression.
It really deserves a revised version.
Cheers

Comment by Mario Dias(3/13/2014 11:26:31 AM) - Also agree with Tim.
At first look, the image looks fantastic, however looking more carefully, it really deserves better treatment.
Also think that color needs adjustment or even a BW version.
Love the concept and look forward to see a revised version.
Cheers

Comment by Mario Dias(3/13/2014 11:18:02 AM) - Forgot this

Comment by Mario Dias(3/13/2014 11:17:06 AM) - Missed this one.
What can I say?
Is amazing enough?
Sounds short for one of the best photos I saw recently.
Congrats

Comment by Mario Dias(3/13/2014 8:35:13 AM) - Amazing work.
Brings your signature

Comment by Mario Dias(3/13/2014 8:33:28 AM) - Very nice image and regret the noise.
Could it be from compression?
It happens to me sometimes.

Comment by Mario Dias(3/13/2014 8:24:20 AM) - When I look at this, I regret not to have a proper lens.
What kind of lens you use for this?
Or do you have any kind of agreement with some birds?
The details, colors and bokeh are amazing.

Comment by Mario Dias(3/13/2014 8:17:08 AM) - #1 Geordie(Dean Wilson):
Hi Dean
Wild, windy and freezing cold.
I've got a tough model.
Those stairs no longer exist after the last winter storm. Hope they rebuild as this is my favorite beach in the neighborhood.
Cheers

Comment by Mario Dias(3/13/2014 8:11:40 AM) - Forgot to say that I'm looking forward for the next portrait works...

Comment by Mario Dias(3/13/2014 8:08:35 AM) - Excellent job.
Great opportunity and I regret not having the chance to see the original file.
Exposure and colors looking great even with the compression.
This compression business also giving me troubles with loss of general quality.
Congrats and a nice day to you too.

Comment by Mario Dias(3/13/2014 8:01:12 AM) - Agree with Jeanne and also have a couple of this kind of shot myself.
This one really takes the cake.
Light and toning are just amazing.

Comment by Mario Dias(3/12/2014 11:36:24 AM) - #1 Wessel-130766:
#2 Zenonas:
Thank a lot.
Let me introduce to you my new Korean lens.
Samyang 85mm f/1.4 = Euro 256
Believe me, it's a great lens for a ridiculous price when comparing with similar other lens.
Inconvenience: Manual focus.
But I got this shot from a girl jumping in a elastic trampoline.
Guess my lucky day....

Comment by Mario Dias(3/12/2014 11:11:05 AM) - I'm with Gordie.
Very unusual framing, but I like it a lot.
Think that this framing and low key processing highlights what is really important in this beautiful portrait, avoiding any distractions.
That small glow in the eye is making half picture.
Like to see new end experimental trials and also believe that rules are made for breaking.
No rules, great photo.
Extended congrats to the model as well.
Love her expression.

Comment by Mario Dias(3/12/2014 8:30:34 AM) - Not much more to say, after all the above comments.
Agree with all.
Outstanding work in all respects.
Congrats

Comment by Mario Dias(3/11/2014 1:01:17 PM) - What a nice little fellow.
Very well "captured".
Amazing detail.

Comment by Mario Dias(3/11/2014 11:34:18 AM) - #1 Geordie(Dean Wilson):
#2 Ray Griffiths(Life is for living):
#3 Zenonas:
Thanks a lot.
Ray, it was in fact a great timing, because the next wave made us run out of that small breakwater completely wet and freezing.
Found out that my D300 is really waterproof.
Cheers

Comment by Mario Dias(3/11/2014 7:52:49 AM) - Arrived too late and everybody already said the most important.
Quite agree with Wessel about the leading line of the stream.
A wonderful work.
Congrats

Comment by Mario Dias(3/11/2014 7:48:35 AM) - Great image of a beautiful landscape.
Love the general tones, light and colors, just not sure about that green in the sky on the left - don't like to put red arrows in pictures :)

Comment by Mario Dias(3/11/2014 7:29:02 AM) - Now idea how you did this, but I love it.
The colors and all the processing are just great.
It really has a dream mood.
Gongrats

Comment by Mario Dias(3/10/2014 10:12:50 AM) - #7 ORZECHOWSKI(. .): Thanks a lot mate !!

Comment by Mario Dias(3/10/2014 10:12:14 AM) - #6 Koduck: Thanks a lot Koduck, however the motion blur gave quite a lot of work with the model' speed of motion. It's something I wanted in this photo. Didn't work so well in her right arm.
Greetings

Comment by Mario Dias(3/10/2014 10:02:50 AM) - Amazing work.
Love the minimal effect of the person in contrast with the huge rocky mountain.
Excellent composition in a very difficult light condition and not loosing any details at all, including theses fantastic footprints and even allowing additional contrast, which not necessary in my point of view.
My sincere congrats

Comment by Mario Dias(3/10/2014 8:35:57 AM) - I'm with Sreten.
Simple and effective, with great visual impact.
Very well done.
Congrats

Comment by Mario Dias(3/10/2014 8:06:28 AM) - Missed this one.
Great job senator Zenonas
Congrats

Comment by Mario Dias(3/10/2014 7:56:51 AM) - Great and creative work.
Just love it.

Comment by Mario Dias(3/10/2014 7:53:26 AM) - A great work.
Amazing light and contrast.
Congrats

Comment by Mario Dias(3/8/2014 5:45:11 AM) - What can I say about this one?
Amazing just sounds short.
For me, one of the best photo I saw in this site.
However regret that over exposure in the front wheel. The effect on the rear wheel is quite nice, but on the front is just a bit too much.
Congrats and wish your mate all the best for the trip around Europe.

Comment by Mario Dias(3/7/2014 4:09:50 PM) - Great work Senator !!!
I'm with Sasha about a little more space in the foreground, but it doesn't matter much in the mood and simplicity of the whole image.
Like it a lot.

Comment by Mario Dias(3/7/2014 3:55:57 PM) - #4 Zenonas: Very pleased to meet you Senator Zenonas!!!!

Comment by Mario Dias(3/7/2014 2:30:25 PM) - Well done Wessel.
I'm with Ray on this one about the combination of textures.
Simple and effective.
Congrats

Comment by Mario Dias(3/7/2014 2:20:35 PM) - No idea who the senator can be.
But like a lot this kind of work.

1 2   back to all comments page >>