(to LindaY)

1 2 3

Comment by Sreten(2/4/2015 7:45:45 AM) - Nice to look at your posts again, Linda. Very appealing double portrait with great clarity and good dynamic range.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(2/3/2015 7:40:51 PM) - #4 bert: Thank you, Bert. The new job certainly keeps me busy...but I still have a little time to enjoy life.

Comment by bert(2/1/2015 4:17:44 PM) - nice to have you back Lynda and all good wishes for your new job. a very lovely post too. regards bert

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(2/1/2015 3:11:38 PM) - #1 Ray Griffiths( Mond ):
#2 Wessel-130766:
Thanks you both for your comments. I appreciate them. I wish that PB were back like it was in the old days...even with all of the 'warts' on.

Comment by Wessel-130766(1/31/2015 2:16:28 PM) - Very nice catch for the three of you:))
Enjoy the sun in FL!

Comment by Ray Griffiths ( )(1/31/2015 2:01:42 PM) - Great story and welcome back. Though it's kind of lonely now days.

Comment by Ray Griffiths ( )(9/5/2014 10:57:08 AM) - Very good.

Comment by russel(4/17/2014 5:59:43 PM) - I like the colours and clarity.
I saw one using it's spread wings to shield the light while catching minnows.

Comment by Hania (Anna Franek)(4/15/2014 1:39:03 AM) - Wessel and Sreten said it very well. Good to see that you live in such interesting area!

Comment by Sreten(4/14/2014 3:11:16 PM) - Excellent shot keeping in mind circumstances. Nice separation of the heron figure from the b/g and very good clarity.

Comment by Wessel-130766(4/14/2014 1:41:45 PM) - Wonderful capture Linda. I guess he/she doesn't like to get wet feet:)))

Very good sharpness!

Comment by Wessel-130766(3/7/2014 1:59:02 PM) - Tack sharp catch Linda. Great capture

Comment by Ray Griffiths ( )(3/7/2014 11:26:59 AM) - Hope it wasn't on a bombing run! Great catch.

Comment by Zenonas(3/7/2014 5:34:04 AM) - Beautiful flight!

Comment by ORZECHOWSKI (. .)(3/6/2014 8:08:25 PM) - A fantastic capture lINDA with excellent detailing and beautiful tones. I love too the excellent tree which almost creates a 3D effect. Love too the catch light in this pretty bird's eye, Very best wishes

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(3/6/2014 8:01:31 PM) - #1 Reda Danaf:
#2 Ray Griffiths(I'm building an Ark):
#3 TW_Bda(Tim White):
A belated thanks to all of you for your comments and suggestions. I appreciate them.

Comment by TW_Bda (Tim White)(2/23/2014 8:39:49 PM) - Nice! Very strong contrast in that light, so I suggest reducing contrast a bit and lifting the deepest shadows.

Comment by Ray Griffiths ( )(2/23/2014 11:56:10 AM) - Great eye, photographer and bird!

Comment by Reda Danaf(2/23/2014 11:16:24 AM) - Beautiful capture of the Ibis, nicely framed by the branches, nice details on the white.

Comment by Mario Dias(2/23/2014 9:49:19 AM) - #8 LindaY(Linda Y): Hi Linda
One of the things I most like in this shot is the contrast between the warm tones in the sky and the colder ones in the water and sand.
Don't know the software you are using for processing, but there are several ones with graduated filters, which makes it easy to work on this issue.
Personally, when I make this kind of shots, I wait a bit more for the sun to disappear under the horizon. After that we have 5 to maximum 10 minutes of what I call "magic light".
Cheers

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(2/23/2014 9:17:39 AM) - #1 Zenonas:
#2 Ray Griffiths(I'm building an Ark):
#3 Reidar:
#4 Sjilkov:
#5 Sreten:
#6 Reda Danaf:
#7 Mario Dias:

Thank you all for your comments on this shot. Mario, you are correct about the extra blue on the waves, but I pushed the blue tones just a tiny bit to contrast with the warm sunset tones...Just exercising my "artistic license" on this one for effect. ;)

Comment by Mario Dias(2/22/2014 6:01:08 AM) - Like this a lot and I'm with you about the hypnotic effect of a sunset behind a dramatic sky like this one. The blue dress of your daughter-in-law goes very well with the general tone of the image.
Very well exposed and composed.
Personally, I think that too much blue on the whites of the waves, which could be improved adjusting the color temperature, but this is just a matter of my personal taste.
The little Leica making it's job very well.
Congrats Linda

Comment by Reda Danaf(2/22/2014 4:48:00 AM) - Beautiful beach scene, dramatic sky and wonderful sunset colors. The figure adds to the composition.

Comment by Sreten(2/21/2014 3:45:42 PM) - Excellent sunset, dramatic sky and wonderful mood.

Comment by Sjilkov(2/21/2014 2:55:53 PM) - Good

Comment by Reidar(2/21/2014 12:11:30 PM) - Nice picture. Love the colors...

Comment by Ray Griffiths ( )(2/21/2014 6:27:27 AM) - Well balanced and nice timing.

Comment by Zenonas(2/21/2014 6:12:16 AM) - Yes, magic view Linda! Well composed, dramatic sky, cold-warm colours and great camera work.

Comment by Koduck(2/20/2014 7:01:25 PM) - Great comp, love the contrast between the bird and the greens.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(2/20/2014 5:41:02 PM) - #5 Wessel-130766:
#6 TW_Bda(Tim White):
Thank you both for your suggestions and crop. I was very torn about how to crop this image as I liked a bit less space around the bird, but also was afraid that the result would look too centered. However, both of your suggestions look strong and well balanced.

Comment by TW_Bda (Tim White)(2/20/2014 3:30:35 PM) - Nice shot. I would suggest a different crop, and would also suggest lifting the shadows to give the whole image a lighter feel, removing the denser blue around the birds body

Comment by Wessel-130766(2/20/2014 2:35:35 PM) - Great capture. I would crop it from the left side a bit (as per suggestion) just to loose the oof pine twigs.
Get a back pack and explore the neighborhood:)))

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(2/20/2014 1:28:18 PM) - #1 Sreten:
#2 Ray Griffiths(I'm building an Ark):
#3 B2O:

Thank you all for your comments.

#3 B2O: I do agree that the sharpness is a bit on the edge. I am still getting my photography "legs" back, particularly for wildlife and I was at the limit with my lens, which is a bit tricky.

Comment by B2O(2/20/2014 9:48:50 AM) - Your new upload is more than welcome Linda. Very nice. Good details, use of colors and wonderful composition. Sharpness is on the edge but can also be caused by compression for upload.
As said welcome back, looking forward for you future uploads.
Gr. Bas

Comment by Ray Griffiths ( )(2/20/2014 8:50:31 AM) - It's an elegant bird, looking forward to seeing your exploration of your new area.

Comment by Sreten(2/20/2014 8:00:43 AM) - Welcome back Linda. Hope you will have quite different surrounding now with beautiful possibilities to take pictured of picturesque photos of Florida's animals and plants- world. This tack sharp egret on this colorful photo proves you have had a nice start.

Comment by B2O(11/11/2013 4:35:13 AM) - Jeah, do apologize! I do miss your wonderful artful pictures. But do understand the conditions your in and in that way this is a great compilation from the area you are going to move into. Enjoy the new area en good luck with your movement.
Gr. Bas

Comment by Hania (Anna Franek)(11/11/2013 3:25:24 AM) - You will live in a wonderful location. Good luck with the move!

Comment by Steve Taylor(11/10/2013 9:54:56 PM) - When I glanced at the pics and saw "new home soon" I thought you were moving to Hawaii.Good luck with the move.

Comment by LindaY (Linda Y)(6/14/2013 10:37:21 AM) - #1 B2O:
#2 Zenonas:
#3 Geordie(Dean Wilson):
#4 Wessel-130766:
#5 Sasha Pezelj:
#6 Reidar:
#7 joe bellantoni:
#8 incult(Marius Caragea):
#9 Steve Taylor:

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions on this image. I kind of like the reference to the Van Gogh Sunflowers. However, for me, the constructed vase reminds me of some of those bright psychedelic design elements that were popular in the 60s and 70s...and now I am revealing my age. LOL. For those who had suggestions on the spacing, rightly or wrongly, I placed the middle of the vase on the left 3rds line to follow the rule of thirds. This may have been one of those instances where the rule could have been ignored. ;)

Comment by Steve Taylor(6/13/2013 8:52:56 AM) - Another beautiful still life. The vase caught my eye before I read how it was done. Can't help to think how this design would pop if you had it printed on metal.

Comment by incult (Marius Caragea)(6/12/2013 6:37:55 PM) - Very creative. I like the vase. It may need a little space on the left and I'm thinking a different BG may work better.

Comment by joe bellantoni(6/12/2013 5:51:17 PM) - nice piece of art Linda!

Comment by Reidar(6/12/2013 4:42:51 PM) - Excellent color combination!! Great still life

Comment by Sasha Pezelj(6/12/2013 4:26:47 PM) - Very nice Vincent-style!
Maybe a little too heavy on the left side

Comment by Wessel-130766(6/12/2013 3:06:16 PM) - The vase constructed is really great Linda. Overall as always a very, very appealing and characterful still life

Comment by Geordie (Dean Wilson)(6/12/2013 12:09:28 PM) - Fantastic creation! This is very 'Van Gogh'!
His famous 'Sunflowers'?

Comment by Zenonas(6/12/2013 8:46:09 AM) - Great creativity, amazing work, Linda!

Comment by B2O(6/12/2013 7:50:04 AM) - Great color combination Linda. And wonderful details as always.
Gr. Bas

Comment by Sreten(6/4/2013 4:49:34 AM) - Great find and wonderful colors.

1 2 3   back to all comments page >>