(to The Last Mohican)

Comment by The Last Mohican (Linas The Amused One)(10/22/2016 6:44:17 AM) - Thank You,
would be interesting to try real silver print..maybe I will

Comment by Zenonas(10/22/2016 3:38:16 AM) - Great job in low key!

Comment by The Last Mohican (Linas The Amused One)(9/10/2016 3:52:39 AM) - Thank You, Ray...have more from this Hades...

Comment by Ray Griffiths ( )(9/10/2016 2:39:22 AM) - Super image!

Comment by Ray Griffiths ( )(8/12/2016 2:56:53 AM) - Linus: Please use this comment section if you wish to reply on a discussion about your image, not a pm.

Comment by Stuart Holmes(8/11/2016 9:34:35 PM) - I like shots like this in concept! I agree with Ray about the rotation. Horizons are a dead giveaway on that sort of thing. On the small screen of my iPhone this looked better, but on my large studio monitor, the focus seems off and there's a very strong fringe here [^414;185;1] that I usually associate with over-sharpening. (Sharpening can never really make up for focus issues.)

Comment by Ray Griffiths ( )(8/10/2016 3:38:13 PM) - Needs rotating to straighten the horizon

Comment by Stuart Holmes(8/6/2016 10:44:01 AM) - Cool treatment! Very creative use of selective color to tell a story.

Comment by Stuart Holmes(7/30/2016 9:52:59 PM) - This is very nice! I think I might get rid of this guy, [^768;264;1] though I usually love birds in the sky, this is either out of focus or just causing some unwanted artifacts from jpeg compression. Also, there's much more detail that can be brought out here, [^401;401;1] especially if you are shooting RAW. I notice your description says "straight from camera," but surely your camera is doing some processing for this tone. I much more recommend going ahead and getting this look in post. (It's not cheating... Modern post production is akin to developing in the days of film and is an important part of the art of digital photography.) This shot has great potential, but load up the RAW file and play!

Comment by Stuart Holmes(7/28/2016 11:28:37 AM) - The color in the sky here is very good! As long as you are shooting RAW,I think you could bring out a little more detail in the building especially, without loosing any of the effect.

Comment by Ix Ray(7/26/2016 3:52:21 PM) - I think, Stuart is right.

Comment by Stuart Holmes(7/26/2016 12:34:56 PM) - #1 The Last Mohican(Linas Pociukas): I think a flash may ruin the effect, but I'll bet there's detail in the shadows that could still be lifted out in post. Flim combined with a high quality scanner are much more sensitive to detail than our eyes. Maybe a flash down low firing up, very diffused and low power...

Comment by Stuart Holmes(7/26/2016 12:19:27 PM) - I really like the mood and the lighting here. I suggested a crop that eliminates some of the darker areas only because you might then be able to upload with a higher resolution and still stay under the size limits. (I do wish this scene was sharper overall, but I'm not sure how much has been degraded because of the small file size...)

Comment by The Last Mohican (Linas The Amused One)(7/16/2016 4:27:41 PM) - [^283;204;1]
I wonder what result I have had here if using flash

Comment by Stuart Holmes(7/15/2016 5:26:00 PM) - I love the concept, but I think I'd have liked an extreme DoF to draw me down this passageway and maybe revealed more of the story.

Comment by DAT (Davey Towers)(5/19/2016 12:57:28 AM) - Nice effect linas

Comment by DAT (Davey Towers)(4/16/2016 1:19:57 AM) - Nicely done

Comment by Ix Ray(4/14/2016 4:24:42 PM) - Infrared? Looks good.

Comment by Zenonas(4/14/2016 3:52:02 PM) - Wonderful view!